Well, here we are. Week 1 of 37. THIRTY-SEVEN.
Bruno and I are going to be training for 8 events this year (he’s doing 9, actually), and the training starts now and won’t end until October. My list is below:
- 04.23 — Richmond Tri Club Sprint Triathlon, first actual triathlon ever!
- 05.28 — Buffalo Half Marathon, first post-surgery half
- 06.03 — Ragnar Relay
- 07.02 — Happy Valley YMCA Sprint Triathlon
- 08.06 — Cayuga Lake Olympic Triathlon
- 08.?? — Women Swimmin’ for Hospicare
- 09.11 — AIDS Ride for Life Century
- 10.01 — Wineglass Half Marathon
The way we handling this is by focusing on a couple events at once. Bruno created a training plan for me, and right now I’m focused on the Richmond Tri and the Buffalo Half.
I don’t have any grandiose goals for my first triathlon, other than to finish gracefully. Time-wise, this is what I am conservatively estimating: