140.6 – Popping up like weeds recently on little white bumperstickers belonging to egotistical masochists, this number represents the number of miles triathletes traverse in their feat of insanity.
We want to be Ironmen. Not the superhero, and not like, real metal; what we want is to swim, bike, run, sweat, cry, laugh, and bleed for 140.6 consecutive miles.
This blog will document our journey. We are a husband and wife team that just got into athleticism. As of the time we are writing this (end of 2015), Bruno has completed a marathon and Day has completed a century. Neither of us have completed a triathlon.
Join us, watch us, read us, encourage us through our training, successes, major fails, pains, gains as we work on our goal to complete an Ironman by the time we turn 40 (we’re 30 now, so you’re in it for the long haul).
- Age: 31
- Height: 5’8″
- Weight: 170lb
- Favorite sport: Cycling
- Favorite achievement: placing 2nd Athena at the miniMussel triathlon in Geneva, NY
- Current goal: finish half marathon in under 2 hours
- Bicycle: Cannondale Synapse Carbon 5 105
- Shoes: Altra Torin 2.5
- GPS: Garmin Fenix 3 Sapphire (Rose Gold)
- Instagram handle: @triandsucceed
- Strava profile: 6137143
- Age: 32
- Height: 6’3″
- Weight: 190lb
- Favorite sport: Running
- Favorite achievement: sub-19 5k
- Current goal: BQ
- Bicycle: Specialized Allez
- Shoes: Newton Distance III
- GPS: Garmin Fenix 3
- Instagram handle: @swimbikebruno
- Strava profile: 8641890